Dos Tierras means Two Lands, reflecting the sources of the two amazing fibers found in this ultra-soft yarn. By spinning together 50% of our fine Uruguayan Merino wool with 50% baby alpaca from Peru we have created a DK weight yarn that is as versatile as it is beautiful. And when we combine the good stitch definition and drape of this four ply yarn with our amazing kettle-dyed semi-solid and variegated colors you have the perfect palette to help show off your stitch work. Dos Tierras is ideal for accessories and hand-wash-friendly garments, next-to-skin wear, lace, cables, colorwork, and textured stitches.
- 50% Merino Wool, 50% Baby Alpaca
- Weight: 100 g
- Approximate Yardage: 210 yds (193 m)
- Knitting Needle Size: US 5-6 (3.75-4.0 mm)
- Crochet Needle Size: US I-9 to K-10/12 (5.5-6.5 mm)
- Gauge: 20-22 sts = 4" (10 cm)
- Care: Hand wash, cold water. Dry flat.